Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Houston's Best Kept Secret!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE finding new things to do with the boys, and with it being over 100 degrees for like the past two months here in Houston, indoor activities are about the only way to go! I am so surprised that I have never heard of this place before!

Sugar Creek Baptist Church in Sugarland has a two-story (not 2 levels, 2 stories) indoor playground that is open Sunday-Friday for FREE!! Most days the playground is open from 8-5. Even better, they have free wi-fi and a cafe sporting Chick-fil-a and Starbucks from 7:30am-3:00pm. I saw moms hanging out sipping coffee together, women doing scrapbooking, and some working on their computers.

A friend told me about it last week, and it just so happened Deacon had a neurologist appointment nearby today. We got there around 3:00 today and there was barely anyone there! I wish we would have known about it sooner b/c we would have been spending just about every day there this summer.

I tried to take as many photos to capture what it looks like, but with the boys having so much fun I took lots more of them; especially of Deacon who grinned ear-to-ear the entire time and is usually so hard to take pictures of!


This slide is so tall the ceiling got in the way of the photo!


A favorite pic of the day, my two cutie booties!





Toddler Area- Deacon played there for like 5 minutes and was ready to move to the big kid area!


Love those boys!


Cheesin' it!








Another HUGE slide!


This is his favorite day EVER! :)


Fighting the jungle



See why I couldn't put the camera down??


Swinging bags




Hopping in the Alligator Pit



Deacon loved licking the netting...yuck!




Deacon looks so big here!


My little monkey


I have other great things to share from today, but will have to update later...